If you recently video-called someone and want to minimize it, but the Instagram video call minimizing is not working.
It can be a tough situation where you can’t minimize Instagram video calls.
However, there are a few reasons behind it, but there are very few solutions we provide that you will find nowhere on the internet.
We are guidinginsta.com, a place for all the Instagram tutorials, guides, and FAQ just like all the other articles in today’s article. I will teach you something like a tutorial on minimizing Instagram video calls, and if it is not working, then here is how to solve it.
Instagram Video Call Minimize Problem | Video Call Minimize Not Working
Without talking any further, let’s see how to fix the Instagram video call to minimize not working.
So there are a few steps you could follow or go through all the steps to fix it.
1. Enable Picture-in-Picture Mode
If you cannot minimize video calls, enter your mobile device’s settings. Navigate to the “App Info” for the Instagram app. Look for and select “Picture-in-Picture Mode” and enable it. This allows the app to create a picture-in-picture window while you’re using other apps, which can help manage video calls more effectively.
If you’re having trouble minimizing video calls, you can enable Picture-in-Picture Mode in your Instagram app settings. This will allow the app to create a small window while you’re using other apps, making it easier to manage your calls.
2. Check App Notifications Settings
First, ensure you haven’t accidentally disabled notifications for the Instagram app in your device’s settings. Go to your device’s settings, find “Apps” or “Applications,” locate Instagram, and ensure notifications are enabled.
3. Check the Internet
The first step is to check whether your internet connection is stable or not. If its ping is too high, you can’t minimize Instagram video calls and connect with other people properly.
I figured it out. I made a video call to one of my close friends and then started minimizing the video call, but it stuck. Instagram won’t minimize video calls.
At that moment, I checked my internet connection to see whether it was stable or unstable.
Surprisingly the internet connection was found unstable and that was the reason behind Instagram video calls not being minimised.
With this step, let’s move on to another step that leads you to minimize Instagram calls.
4. Clear Data, Uninstall & Re-install
The second step is to clear all the data, uninstall the app, and reinstall the app.
It is the combination of all three steps together. If you first clear Instagram all data then you need to uninstall the app The final step is to install the app and log into your account, and now you can minimize all your Instagram video calls.
When you clear all the data, all the stored data of that App has been cleared out, and you can uninstall the app so the data that was left behind has also been deleted.
And that’s what the reason is. So when you reinstall the app now, you can minimize Instagram video calls whenever you want to wherever you want to.
5. Report to Developers
The last method is to report that back to their developers. If you found out that, especially on your device, Instagram video call is not minimized, can you report that back to their developers below, I am linking their email and an article to check out their developers’ emails.
Reach out to them and tell them that Instagram video calls are not minimized on your device model. Maybe they can add an update in further actions, especially for these kinds of devices.
This is all you must do when Instagram video calls are not minimized. Minimizing video calls on Instagram is very useful because now you can Hover through other messages and even check out all the posts being uploaded, even if you are video calling or interacting with someone.
- App Bugs:
- Try restarting the app or your device.
- Check for app updates in the app store and install them if available.
- Unstable Internet Connection:
- Ensure you have a stable and fast internet connection before making or receiving video calls.
- Outdated App Version:
- Update the Instagram app to the latest version available on your device’s app store.
Steps to Address the Issue:
- Enable Picture-in-Picture Mode:
- Access your device settings.
- Navigate to “App Info” for Instagram.
- Enable “Picture-in-Picture Mode” to allow video calls to be minimized.
- Check App Notifications Settings:
- Verify that Instagram notifications are enabled in your device’s settings.
- Check Internet Connection:
- Confirm your internet connection is stable before making video calls.
- Clear Data, Uninstall & Re-install:
- Clear app data within Instagram settings.
- Uninstall Instagram.
- Reinstall the app from the app store and log in.
- Report to Developers:
- If issues persist, contact Instagram’s developers with details of the problem and your device model.
Remember, these steps are general suggestions and might vary based on device models and app versions. Always prioritize your security and privacy when following troubleshooting steps.
Reason Why Instagram Video Calls Not Minimizing!
- Picture in picture mode disabled.
- A bug in the app.
- Unstable internet connection.
- They are using an outdated app version.
- Blocked notification of the Instagram app.
I hope you found this article useful and let me know in the comments what your thoughts are on which device you are using Instagram, so I could especially give you some advanced tactics that we figured out.
That’s it for today. Today, I showed you how to minimise or fix Instagram won’t minimize video calls. Don’t forget to share this article. Have a nice day and have fun.
You won’t minimize Instagram video calls due to an unstable internet connection or using outdated apps. It can be fixed by updating the app or clearing data of the application.