An Instagram shadowban is a type of ban that prevents a user’s content from being seen by other users. Shadowbanned users can still use Instagram, but their posts will not appear in the Explore feed or search results. And here’s how to get Instagram to remove the shadow ban or get unshadowbanned on Instagram from guidinginsta.
An Instagram shadowban is a type of ban that prevents a user’s content from being seen by other users.
Signs that you have been shadowbanned include a decrease in engagement on your posts, your posts not appearing in search results, and your posts not being seen by people who don’t follow you.
To get unshadowbanned, identify why you were shadowbanned, remove any offending content, stop engaging in problematic behavior, wait it out, and contact Instagram support if necessary.
There are a number of reasons why Instagram might shadowban an account, including:
- Violating the Community Guidelines, such as posting spam, hate speech, or violence.
- Engaging in problematic behavior, such as spamming other users or using fake followers.
If you think you have been shadowbanned, there are a few things you can do to try to get un-shadowbanned:
Fix 1: Identify why you were shadowbanned
- Violating Guidelines: Posting content that goes against Instagram’s rules, like hate speech or nudity.
- Hashtag Abuse: Using too many hashtags, irrelevant ones, or banned hashtags.
- Automation: Using bots or automation tools to inflate your engagement or follow/unfollow others.
- Spammy Behavior: Excessive liking, commenting, or messaging in a short time.
- Repetitive Content: Posting the same or very similar content repeatedly.
- Mass Following/Unfollowing: Following and then quickly unfollowing many users.
If you are unsure why you were shadowbanned, you can try contacting Instagram support for assistance.
Fix 2: Remove any offending content
Fix 3: Stop engaging in problematic behavior
If you were shadow-banned for spamming or using other black hat tactics, you need to stop these behaviors immediately. Make sure that you are only interacting with other users in a genuine and authentic way.
To fix a shadowban on Instagram caused by problematic behavior, stop any actions violating Instagram’s guidelines, remove banned or irrelevant hashtags, create diverse and original content, engage authentically, and wait patiently for the shadowban to lift, which can take days to weeks. If you believe it’s unjust, contact Instagram for assistance and ensure ongoing compliance with their guidelines to avoid future shadowbans.
Fix 4: Wait it out
Instagram shadowbans typically last for 14 days, but they can be extended if you continue to violate Instagram’s policies. During this time, it is important to avoid using Instagram as much as possible.
Fix 5: Contact Instagram support
If you have followed all of the steps above and your shadowban has not been lifted after 14 days, you can try contacting Instagram support for assistance.
So, if you’ve got a shadowban on Instagram, here’s what you can do:
- Open up your Instagram app and go to your own profile.
- See those three lines up in the corner? Give ’em a tap to open the menu.
- Now, scroll on down to the “Settings” option.
- Once you’re in there, look for the “Help” section and tap on “Help Center.”
- In the Help Center, you can search for stuff about shadowbans or content visibility. Just type it in, and you’ll find some articles related to your issue.
- If none of that helps, you can submit a request or report the problem to Instagram.
- Write up a little message explaining what’s going on, and ask them for a hand in fixing the shadowban.
Getting unshadowbanned from Instagram can be a frustrating process, but it is possible. By following the steps above, you can increase your chances of getting your shadowban lifted.
- How to Fix Instagram Error Invalid Parameters (easily #Guide)
- How to Fix Instagram Story No Sound (easily #Guide)
Here are some additional tips to help you avoid getting shadowbanned in the first place:
- Avoid using third-party apps to automate your Instagram activity.
- Be careful about who you follow and who you like and comment on posts.
- Report any spam or abusive content that you see on Instagram.
- Shadowban: A type of ban on Instagram that prevents a user’s content from being seen by other users. Shadowbanned users can still use Instagram, but their posts will not appear in the Explore feed or in search results.
- Community Guidelines: A set of rules that Instagram users must follow. Violating the Community Guidelines can result in a shadowban or even a permanent ban from Instagram.