I personally witnessed these cases when searching for music, and it’s not available in the search. This happened to one of my friends, and there’s a huge catch that we are seeing very clearly.
Today, I’m going to show you how you can instantly fix it. Let’s dive in ASAP.
What Worked For Us, How We Fixed It
However, when we switched to a creator or business Instagram account, this problem was resolved. I understand that some of you may not want to switch your account to a creator or business Instagram account, but with a creator account, you can still keep your account private.
So, if you want access to more music libraries, you may need to switch your account type to a professional Instagram account, as these accounts often have a wider selection of music.
This issue could occur on any Instagram account, but here is a quick fix for it. However, there are other methods available to address this problem, and we’ve listed them all below. That’s all for this article on how to resolve this issue, and I’d like to extend my thanks to Yuvraj, who brought this problem to our attention.
- Instagram story music search not working can be caused by a variety of factors, including an outdated app, poor internet connection, server outage, location restrictions, account type restrictions, or bugs in the app.
- To fix the problem, you can try updating the app, checking your internet connection, waiting out the server outage, using a VPN, switching to a personal account, signing out and signing back in, reinstalling the app, or contacting Instagram support.
Instagram story music search is a feature that allows users to add music to their Instagram stories from a library of licensed songs. However, sometimes this feature may not work properly. If you’re having trouble with Instagram story music search, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
Why Are Some Music Not Available When You Search for them on Instagram?
Here are some of the possible causes of Instagram story music searches not working:
- Outdated Instagram app: If you’re using an outdated version of the Instagram app, you may not have access to all of the latest features, including music search.
- Poor internet connection: A poor internet connection can also cause problems with Instagram story music searches.
- Instagram server outage: If the Instagram servers are experiencing an outage, some or all of the features on Instagram may be unavailable, including music search.
- Location restrictions: Some songs may not be available in all countries or regions due to licensing restrictions.
- Account type restrictions: Music search may not be available for business accounts.
- Bugs in the Instagram app: Sometimes, bugs in the Instagram app can cause problems with music searches.
How To Fix Instagram Story Music Search Not Working
Here are some solutions you can try to fix Instagram story music search not working:
Fix 1: Update the Instagram app
Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Instagram app. You can check for updates in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Very often it’s the case of outdated apps.
Fix 2: Check your internet connection
Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection. If you’re using Wi-Fi, try restarting your router. If you’re using cellular data, try moving to a different location with better signal strength.
Fix 3: Wait out the Instagram server outage
If there’s an Instagram server outage, there’s not much you can do but wait for it to be resolved. You can check the Instagram status page for updates.
Fix 4: Use a VPN
If you’re trying to access a song that’s not available in your country or region, you can try using a VPN to connect to a server in a country where the song is available.
Fix 5: Switch to a personal or creator Instagram account
If you’re using a business account, try switching to a personal account. Music search may not be available for business accounts.
Fix 6: Sign out and sign back in
Sometimes, signing out and signing back into your Instagram account can fix the problem.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Instagram app
If you’re still having trouble, try reinstalling the Instagram app. This will delete any corrupted data that may be causing the problem.
Fix 8: Contact Instagram support
If you’ve tried all of the above solutions and the problem persists, you can contact Instagram support for help.
Fix 9: Rollback
If you have recently updated the Instagram app and are encountering errors, the update may be causing the issue. To resolve this, you can consider rolling back to the previous version of the app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Uninstall the current update of the Instagram app from your device.
- Visit a third-party app downloading website.
- Download and install a version of the app that is approximately 10-20 days old.
Don’t worry, reverting to the older version shouldn’t have a significant impact on your experience.
Here are a few tips to help you prevent Instagram story music search from not working in the first place:
- Keep your Instagram app up to date.
- Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection when using Instagram.
- Be aware of the location and account type restrictions for Instagram music searches.
- Report any bugs in the Instagram app to Instagram support.
If you’re having trouble with Instagram story music search, try the solutions listed above. If you’re still having trouble, you can contact Instagram support for help.
That’s it for the blog post, if you find it helpful do let me know in the comment section, or you can contact us.